If you’re like us, you have so many great pieces in your closet it’s difficult to pick your favorites to take with you on your yoga retreat or to your next yoga festival. So you bring everything and end up wearing one or two outfits the entire weekend. If experience has taught us anything, less is more. We’ve created a sweet ‘what to pack’ guide below to keep your packing process as Zen as possible!
A loose tank without a built in bra is perfect for layering. You can tie it up to turn it into a snug style or leave it flowy depending on your mood. We like Free Label’s Betty tank with its long length in the front and back, it pairs perfectly with leggings and provides added ‘backside coverage’ in any pose.
Post class swap out your tank for Blue Life Fit’s Open Back ¾ Tee, this light & loose layer will let you cool down in the most comfortable and stylish way possible. Plus it gives you the chance to show off your sports bra, our pick is the Grafito Trapeze Bra from Vimmia, the strappy design on the front and back adds a bit of flair to any outfit. (It also has removable padding & has been made with color and shape retention in mind - in LA!)
Let’s talk bottoms. Pick your 3-4 favorites and bring them. Leggings roll up small and you want to be prepared for any type of class.
A neutral with a bit of sass like Alo Yoga’s High Waist Glossy Airbrush legging means you get the coverage you want in class (high waisted) and look badass when you hit the dinner table at night.
Something with mesh. If there’s a heated class you want to stay cool and mesh does just that. Michi and Alo both have great mesh styles, all you have to do is decide where you want the mesh and in what color. (Alo’s lean leggings in electric blue are amazing!)
A print. The floral Lake Legging from Electric & Rose (another awesome brand from LA) has that perfect whimsical feel to them and pairs well with any color top.
Capris. Terez Snow Dream Performance capris are perfect for when things heat up plus the geometric print is a hot (and flattering) trend this year!
The crucials: water bottle, yoga mat, yoga towel and something to carry them both.
- The mat: BYoga mats come in beautiful colors, are lightweight, cushioned to protect your joints and made in Canada! We are in love with the ocean green mat.
- The towel: Vagabond makes great microfiber towels that fit the full length of your mat and they do double duty as a blanket to sit on in between classes. The dream catcher design on the Star Catcher towel has serious wanderlust vibes.
- The combination mat: Yoga Design Lab has created a mat that does double duty as a yoga mat and towel! A microfiber layer combined with a rubber base means you won’t slip during class. Plus the designs are beautiful.
- The strap: carry your yoga mat from class to class with this vegan leather strap from BYoga. It’s easy to operate and you won’t have to worry about unraveling while strolling around in a yoga daze.
- The water bottle: Our S’well bottles keep liquids cold for up to 24 hours and hot for 12. Water or tea, they’ve got you covered and look good to boot.
In keeping with the minimalist yoga vibe, pack everything in a Balsa 201 bag. A design for every style – marble, camo or quilted black. Take your pick!
Keep you and your mat feeling fresh in between sessions with Happy Spritz – Namaste Ninja has tea tree oil in it which is known for it’s antimicrobial properties.
Accessorize! Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, scarves, feathers, etc. You can never have too many accessories on at a yoga festival and they can change the look of any outfit instantly. Soul Journey Jewelry makes beautiful malas and bracelets – in Canada!
~Oil & Grain for HEMM