Image Via Crujuice.com
Cold pressed juice has become the new black and we are all about this latest health trend. Juice bars are popping up on every corner making access easier then ever to these nutrient dense cocktails. Juicing is definitely not a new phenomenon and has been used for years to heal disease and aid in overall health. It’s refreshing to see juice bars snatching up some prime real estate in our local neighborhoods!
Some Benefits of drinking Cold pressed juice
- The process of Cold pressing extracts the juice by crushing the vegetables and fruits, and then pressing them to yield the highest amount of liquid. This process uses no heat and produces juice that has 3-5 times more nutrients and enzymes then normal juice. The end result….. Liquid gold!
- Easy assimilation- With pulp from the fruits and vegetables removed the body is able to absorb the max amount of enzymes, minerals, and vitamins in the shortest amount of time possible. These nutrients can be taken into the body in aprox 15 minuets (versus the hour or more it takes for nutrients to be assimilated from foods and drinks that contain pulp).
- Water Supply- Raw juice (unlike coffee, alcohol, or other sugary drinks) works to replenish lost fluid in the body while supplying the necessary vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Cleansing Effect- because the fiber is removed, raw juice has a laxative effect which helps the body to remove built up toxins. This allows the body to regain balance and to function at an optimum level.
- Juicing gives your digestive system a much-deserved break! With the fiber removed the body does not have to work nearly as hard to absorb the nutrients in the juice. This saves energy and allows the body to rest while detoxifying or cleansing.
- Healthy and Beautiful skin- The chlorophyll found in green juice keeps your blood healthy. They are very oxygenating and lead to clear and healthy skin.
- Increased Energy and Stamina
- Increased Mental Clarity
Favorite Juice Bars
Here are a few of our favorite juice bars in a few of our favorite Canadian cities..... so no matter where you live grabbing a cold pressed juice is almost as easy as grabbing a starbucks!
Have a wonderful weekend!