Real solutions vs Resolutions
So often, life-changing resolutions are set at 12:01am on January 1st, only to be broken when real life sets back in after the holidays. We set them with the best of intentions however keeping them for a full 365 days isn’t always realistic. What if instead, you settled on committing to making small tweaks to your every day, real solutions that together, leave you feeling healthy and accomplished when your head hits the pillow each night!
Here are some ideas that take little effort but can have a big impact:
- If it’s made from a plant, eat it. If it’s made in a plant, don’t.
- Buying organic can be expensive. Balance out your grocery budget by buying your meat organic, and simply wash non-organic fruits and vegetables really well.
- Pack your lunch and cook at home. This way you know what’s in the food you are putting in yours (and your family’s!) bodies.
- Set your workout schedule for the week on Sunday night. You are more likely to get your workout in if you’ve scheduled time for it in advance.
- Tweak your workout routine once in a while. Your body can get a little too comfortable with the same workout routine and stop producing the results you want. If/when this happens, change things up!
- Go through your closet, if you haven’t worn it in a year, its time to end your relationship with it. Clutter is stagnant energy and can take an emotional toll on your body. It can be the difference between feeling tired and overwhelmed or free, clear & focused.
- Quality over quantity. Instead of buying 3 pairs of $10 leggings that you ‘kind of’ like’, find pieces that you love. Yes, they may be more expensive but you pay for what you get. Especially when it comes to something you are wearing several times a week, like your workout clothes! And *ahem* you won’t be re-cluttering up your closet.
- Tune out. Create a house rule, for 1 hour a night, no cell phones. It’s amazing how freeing this is!
- Be kind – intentionally. Studies have shown that people who practice kindness on purpose live a more joyful, healthy and longer life! Holding the door for someone, complimenting the grocery clerk, anything goes. Simple is effective here.
- Go to bed 15 minutes earlier than you usually do. Rest has a huge impact on your health, productivity and overall demeanor.